The shortlist of nominees for the 11th annual Association of Irish Riding Clubs Lancelot Awards has been confirmed.
These awards recognise the efforts of our volunteer members who perform their duties with the utmost of diligence while organising or helping at club, regional or national events.
There are four categories of awards on offer including the club of the year, club secretary of the year, club member of the year and also the person of the year award.
The award recipients will be determined by a voting process that will allow a jury decide 50% of the vote while the remaining 50% will be cast by the registered clubs of the Association. Each club will be issued with details on how to vote shortly and they’re asked to list 1 to 4 in each category in order of the clubs preference.
A.I.R.C. chairman Tony Ennis said,
I would like to thank everyone who put forward nominations for our awards and as an organisation it is important that we recognise and value the immense contribution our volunteers make each year. These awards allow us to do that on behalf of our clubs and members.
I would like to wish all of our nominees the very best of luck and look forward to meeting them all at our awards ceremony next month.
The results will be announced at the Association’s Annual General Meeting on Saturday 13th February 2016.
The nominees include:
Club of the Year:
- Ballycanew Riding Club
- Castle Carraig Riding Club
- Cill Dara Riding Club
- Clonshire Riding Club
Club Secretary of the Year:
- Aisling Campbell (Knocknamana Country Riding Club)
- Margaret Corry (Castle Carraig Riding Club)
- Perly Doyle (Ballycanew Riding Club)
- Lisa Molloy (Kilcarrick Riding Club)
Club Member of the Year:
- Jacqui Boland (Killossery Riding Club)
- Adrienne Bogan (Carne Riding Club)
- Fiona Furey (Killcarrick Riding Club)
- Liobhan O’ Callaghan (Killarney Riding Club)
Person of the Year:
- Caoilinn De Bairead (Corrib Riding Club)
- Doreen Egan (Three Counties Riding Club)
- Mike Kelly (Non-Member)
- Louise Somers (Kilronan Riding Club)