Horse Sport Ireland will host a Governance Seminar specifically designed for national equestrian affiliates next month.
It takes place on Wednesday 15th February 2017 at the Keadeen Hotel in Newbridge, County Kildare from 3pm until approximately 7pm.
The seminar is free and open to AIRC members and club officials, those considering a committee role.
This seminar is a unique opportunity for sitting Affiliate board & committee members to understand their legal obligations, manage risk, and understand the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations.
- Welcome/ Opening remarks by John Treacy, CEO of Sport Ireland.
- Session 1 will look at the Companies Act 2014 which was commenced on 1 June 2015 and dramatically overhauls company law in Ireland. Within the first session, Affiliates will consider the type of entity they are pursuant to the Governance Code and the legal requirements of that entity and how it should be regulated.
- Session 2 & 3 will focus on the principles outlined in the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations and the actions that Affiliates must take to complete the ‘Governance Journey’. Aidan Horan, Director of the Irish Public Administration Institute and Paul Turpin, Governance Specialist with the Irish Public Administration Institute will present for session 2 & 3.
- Session 4 will be an open Q&A panel forum discussion Chaired by John Malone, Chairman of the HSI Sport Sub-Board.
- Closing remarks by James Kennedy, Acting CEO Horse Sport Ireland
Details of the Seminar:
You must register in advance if attending this event and you can do so at this link: