On Friday, the Government made an announcement in relation to changes in Public Health Measures. The full announcement can be accessed here.
As set out in the announcement a large number of the public health measures currently in place can be removed. Key items in relation to AIRC activity are as follows:
- Formal requirements for physical distancing (2m) removed
- 8pm closing time for sporting events removed
- Capacity restrictions for outdoor sporting events removed
- Capacity restrictions for indoor sporting events removed
- Use of pods for indoor sporting activities removed
- Use of a COVID pass to access indoor events removed
The Government has reiterated the need for ongoing close monitoring of the virus. Riding Clubs should continue to risk assess individual activities and events. This includes the continued implementation of good hygiene practices along with recommending symptomatic individuals do not participate in or attend any activities.
- Mask Wearing: The requirements for mask-wearing in settings where currently regulated for will continue until 28th February 2021.
- Close Contacts: This continues to follow the current advice for those with symptoms, cases, and close contacts as announced by the Government on 12th January 2022.
Any queries on these updated health measures should be forwarded to National Office.
AIRC would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and recognise the continued commitment of our Riding Clubs in implementing and supporting the various public health measures.