National Show Jumping Championships 2021 – Competitor Information
Competitors attending the AIRC National Show Jumping Championships on Sunday sponsored by Connolly’s RED MILLS should note the following:
- All Competitors are asked to Arrive, Compete, and Leave, unless they have been asked to volunteer. This is to ensure we only have the maximum numbers permitted onsite throughout the day.
- Competitors must complete the Covid-19 Attendance Form for Contact Tracing and Pre Screening purposes. Each competitor may only bring a maximum of one other person to assist them and they must also complete the online Covid-19 Attendance Form. This must be completed before 10 am on Friday morning. If you do not complete the form, you will not be permitted to enter the venue.
- The secretary’s office can be contacted on the day of the show via WhatsApp or telephone on 086 249 9194 or email at [email protected]. Withdrawals, cancellations must be notified to this number on the day of the event so save it in your mobile phone.
- A change of horse must be notified to the secretary’s office before you compete. The horse must be registered beforehand. Failure to so can result in disqualification.
- Riders are not required to wear a competitor number on Sunday. You do not need to check in on the day of the event. Please proceed straight to your arena. The pocket steward will have your details.
- Hat tagging will be available on-site, please contact the number above upon arrival.
- Each competitor has been allocated a time for each of their rounds of jumping. You must compete at this time.
- Face masks are mandatory at all times unmounted and must be worn under the chin, when mounted, to be pulled up if you have a fall – this is to protect the first aiders.
- Don’t forget to bring your own hand sanitiser.
- There will be no farrier service at this event.
- There will be onsite catering.
- Each member must have in their possession their membership card and equine passport as spot checks will be carried out.
- Please do not arrive more than 90 minutes before your start time where possible.
Please scroll down the page for your times!
The championship classes will take the form of a three-round competition where penalties are cumulative.
Competitors who are tied for first place on equality of penalties after the two rounds will jump-off against the clock (Optimum time for Primary and Advanced Primary) in a third round.
Minor placings, those below first place, will be decided by the competitor’s cumulative score from the two rounds with their time taken from their second round.
It should be noted that competitors who are eliminated or retire in the first round of the competition will not go forward to their second round.
Competitors must give priority to their Championship class should it clash with your Derby or other class on the day.
Placings will be determined by the rider with the lowest penalties in the quickest time.
Accumulator (Optimum Time)
Points are awarded as follows: one point for obstacle number one not knocked down, two points for number (2), three points for number three (3), etc. No point is awarded for an obstacle knocked down.
The rider with the most points and nearest to the optimum time will be declared the winner. In the event of equality of first place, a jump-off will take place using optimum time.
For the last obstacle of the course, an alternative obstacle may be provided, of which one element may be designated the Joker. The Joker will be more difficult than the alternative obstacle and carry double points. If the Joker is knocked down, these points must be deducted from the total points obtained so far by the rider.
- Championship Round 1 (Sand 1)
- Championship Round 2 & 3 (International Sand)
- Derby (International Grass)
- Accumulator (International Grass)
Provisional online scoring will be available on www.airc.ie during this event so you can check your progress throughout the competition.
It must be noted that it is provisional and provided for information purposes. Any queries that you may have, must be submitted via WhatsApp, telephone or email on the day of the competition.
No queries will be entertained after 30 minutes of the result being declared for the competition.
Please review your times and classes carefully and email any queries you have to National Office at [email protected] DO NOT call the office as you will be asked to email your query instead. Please include a contact number in your email. You must compete at your time.
|NSJC Schedule 2021||Show Jumping Championships||08/07/2021||Download|
|NSJC Site Map 2021||Show Jumping Championships||08/07/2021||Download|
|NSJC Timetable 2021||Show Jumping Championships||08/07/2021||Download|
|Rules & Regulations 2020 (D04/12) Rule Book||Dressage Championships, Eventing Championships, Hunter Trials Championships, Rules & Policy Documents, Show Jumping Championships, Team Show Jumping Championship||26/05/2021||Download|